SWAT

Home Message Board SWAT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    NCTravelBall
    Participant

I saw where you aren’t scoring SWAT Tournaments this year for the kids? Those guys must have really peed in your cornflakes. You are considering Dynasty Sports as an affiliated tournament host when they haven’t hosted a meaningful tournament in almost 2 years? That wreaks to high heaven of bias. SWAT does a nice job, along with Top Gun in the Triad. PG still trying to find its way. They all use the same umpires. From what my guys said, SWAT and PG take good care of them.

tothemoonspoon
    Participant

Anyone with common sense and any understanding of travel baseball knows if you go to clemmons, you are about to get a royal screwing. Rockies always get the best pool games. It’s a joke.

Oh by the way, I heard you even have to buy the banner if you win down there if you want to take it home.

NCTravelBall
    Participant

you worry about taking a banner home
    after tournaments? LOL. the banner thing is correct though. you don’t get to keep it. they take the picture then you leave with your fake gold rings like everywhere else in travel ball land LOL. royal screwing? from umpires? we’ve had a good experience there. won quite a few. i think the top tier rockies teams play whoever, they are always legit. maybe their purple and yellow teams might get some good draws but they aren’t usually very good.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by NCTravelBall.
    NCTravelBall
    Participant

isn’t the PG Triad gal “tight” with Wow Factor Dimaria. wonder if they get preferential pool play games.

BigBat1980
    Participant

My kid only played in Clemmons twice so far but the fields were super nice. I had no complaints, my wife complained less about laundry on those weekends so that was a win even though we didn’t win the tourneys.

I wish some of the fields near the parking lots had more shade though!

Does SWAT sponsor the Carolina Rockies teams? I saw several of the Rockies teams playing both weeekends. We beat the Purple squad but that Black team was loaded!

NCTravelBall
    Participant

Rockies and SWAT are different entities which a lot of folks get confused. Rockies are the travel ball arm of SW Forsyth little league, and SWAT simply is a company that runs tournaments at clemmons. for the newbies on the scene, SWAT used to be NCGameOn before that was sold to All League Baseball which is a large USSSA outfit in NC and SC. From what we were told, the folks in Clemmons got tired of paying affiliate fees each weekend to USSSA who didn’t provide much resource or support so they went out on their own. I can’t remember the husband and wife that runs SWAT but they seem to be good people and in it for the right reasons. Facilities are nice with the turf infields but that trek from the parking lot to field 5 or 7 is no joke. Only complaints about SWAT come from teams that aren’t very good and don’t want to play Rockies, Select, MARA or West Raleigh. The real problem in travel ball land is that every culdesac has a travel team now. some of these teams couldn’t win their local rec league championship. it’s a money game.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by NCTravelBall.
    BigBat1980
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

csmicha
    Participant

This guy doesn’t count SWAT because he wanted $5,000 from Randy Webb the director so those games would count in the ranking.

SWAT is as well ran as any tournament in NC. Only people who complain are the ones scared to play the Rockies.

NCTravelBall
    Participant

i didn’t believe that story the first time i heard it from another director in our area but the more i see the bias on here, it actually makes sense. i know this was discussed on a group chat among most all of the top 10u teams in the state and none of them will play in this guys tournaments because he just talks crap about all these teams and says coaches say things they don’t say. this guy ranking teams behind teams they’ve beat and not counting swat tournaments when the same umpires that ump SWAT also do Top Gun and PG in the Triad. im always skeptical of these sites but appreciate the connection with other coaches but i’ve found that 100% of the time, the guys behind the keyboard have an agenda and it usually involves money.

BigBat1980
    Participant

I heard the guy who runs this site was at the new market tournament last week to watch that 9u tournament.

my buddy coaches 12u and doesn’t really follow the site but said the guy name is zimmermen?

Pretty stacked field and USA Prime Coastal ran through it, they are now ranked #12.

looks like they beat down summerfield and east rowan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.