8U Rankings

Home Message Board 8U Rankings

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    NCTravelBall
    Participant

8U rankings are OK for the most part. How can you rank a Sandhills team ahead of a Rockies team that beat them head to head?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by NCTravelBall.
    BigBat1980
    Participant

I don’t think they watch any teams outside of the big cities.

csmicha
    Participant

I said the same thing. This guy doesn’t watch the teams play. He follows people on GameChanger and compiles results.

I watched the Rockies vs Sandhills game. Rockies are the better team even though it was tied 9-9 in the second to last inning.

NCTravelBall
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard. It literally makes zero sense for a team to jump in front of a team that beat them that previous weekend. For
    what it’s worth, I think it’s the Futures, Rockies then P413. Rockies beat P413 in Davie a few weeks back after beating us in the semis. The time that P413 beat Rockies, it was when Rockies played with a split group of 7u and 8u that weekend, not their real team.

BigBat1980
    Participant

I saw Evo beat P413. That was a nice win for them.

I think Futures and Rockies are 1 and 2, not sure which is best?

Sandhill is a good team but not on the level of Futures or Rockies.

csmicha
    Participant

I don’t think Rockies are 2. They lost to New Market. Carolina Elite might be better and North Wake beat Carolina Elite.

Raidernation23
    Participant

Rockies returned the favor last weekend and run ruled New Market. Triad Cardinals should be higher than they are.

NCTravelBall
    Participant

agree triad cardinals should be in that 8-10 range. they are good. saw on gamechanger that rockies are 19-2 and blew out new market last weekend so probably a fluke. i wish them and futures would hook up.

i also saw rockies 7u play today in davie after watching Carolina Evo 11’s and them boys busted Sandhills Select 7u 20-1. my buddy was telling me that Sandhills and West Raleigh played a 1 run game in previous week and Rockies 7u, it wasn’t even close. i’d imagine Rockies 7U may be team to beat in that age.

csmicha
    Participant

A few things.

West Raleigh flipped their batting order to play Sandhills and yes it was a 1 run game. West Raleigh guys really well but not great defensively, im sure that’ll change quickly by next spring.

Rockies did smash Sandhills, but Sandhills is better than what theY showed. Indeed Rockies may be the best of the bunch in 7u.

Sandhills is hosting a 7u event on Nov 5th. West Raleigh, North Wake, trying to get Mara 7u, and possibly Rockies to all come play.

North Wake also has a very good 7u team.

NCTravelBall
    Participant

good to see some 7u programs in the mix competing

rcbaseball
    Participant

Who is ready for some baseball? When will new polls be out?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.